If you have come looking for Colorado Art of Acupuncture, you are in the correct spot. Colorado Art of Acupuncture has rebranded and is now doing business as Healing Roots Acupuncture. This business is owned and operated by the same human soul, it was just a time for a change.
A comprehensive 20 years experience in the rehabilitation of dancers, sports injuries, veterans and psycho-emotional care of patient's. Now specialized with queer and transgender care, traumatic brain injuries, psychological emotional care, and sports injuries. Cristina identifies as a transgender female and is a trans small business advocate, spoken word poet, teacher of dance and Queer Qi cultivation.
Healing Roots Acupuncture does not discriminate on basis of race, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, nation of origin, military status, disability, citizenship, gender identification, expression, or financial status. We know there is no such place as a safe space, that being said we will do our utmost to create a harmonious compassionate center of care.
Healing Roots Acupuncture would like to recognize that this land that we are on used to belong to the Ute, Cherokee and Arapaho Nations. Healing Roots Acupuncture is a LGBTQIA run organization and is a rare queer, transgender owned business.
Gua Sha & Tuina
- Gua Sha: Stroking the lubricated skin repeatedly with pressure with a smooth edged tool. This helps the skin to release toxins, external invasions, and breaks up muscle adhesions.
- Tuina: This hands-on body treatment uses brushing, rolling, pressing and rubbing to move energy in the meridians and muscles. By stimulating acupuncture points, non-musculoskeletal and musculoskeletal conditions can be treated.
- Active Isolated Stretching: This stretching technique takes clients through a range of stretches that isolate each individual muscle group. With this technique will come greater mobility, decreased pain, and teaches the recipient what they can do so on their own.
- New Patient - Intake, Consultation, and Treatment 90 minutes - $100.00
- Acupuncture Treatment 45-60 minutes - $60.00-80.00 Sliding Scale
- Tuina / Shiatsu / Massage per 60 minutes - $60.00-80.00 Sliding Scale
- Sports Acupuncture-Dry Needling with electro-stimulation per 30 minutes - $50.00
- Active Isolated Stretching, intake and treatment 90 minutes - $125.00
- Active Isolated Stretching, 60 minute treatment - $100.00
- Cupping Treatment Package - 2 for $60.00
- Dietary and Lifestyle Management Consultation - $60.00
- Ask about LGBTQIA discounts.
- Ask about our veterans discount.
"Cristina had a unique way of helping her clients with their pain issues. Her caring demeanor and heartfelt desire to help her clients makes for a welcoming experience. Cristina has a thorough understanding of the body, from the perspective of both a massage therapist and an acupuncturist. The treatment I received provided instant relief from my pain. I highly recommend a session for those with chronic or acute issues."
"The Colorado Art of Acupuncture offers an outstanding healing environment. Whether you are looking for pain relief or general well being, Crissy provides years of experience as a healing practitioner. Well versed in Chinese medicine, massage therapy, and stretching techniques and more, Crissy has true healing hands."
"I know what a lot of you are thinking... go and sit while someone puts needles in me.. oh hell no. I was there until I tried it the first time. The benefits are great. I have use this to assist in smoking sensation, relaxation and believe it or not the common cold all with great results. So, go and check her out, you do not have to be trans to see her, but if you are in the LGBTQ spectrum you will be very comfortable here."
"I have a needle phobia, but when I was diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes I contacted Crissy about acupuncture. I wondered if it could help me. Crissy assured me that she could help. She is gentle with the needles, most I don't even notice. My diabetes, in 3 months, has gotten a lot better and I know part of it is because of the work Crissy is doing for me."
“Cristina is a real professional. In whatever treatment she is doing with me I can tell I am in the hands of an expert. I get neck pain regularly but after Cristina works on me it’s always greatly relieved. I can put myself in her hands and have confidence that whatever she does is going to make me feel better.”